History of Grange Park
In the beginning...
The village of Grange Park was first conceived in the early 1990's, but it wasn't until 1998 that the plans for the earlier development phases of the village were finalised.
- The Section 106 planning agreement dated 8th May 1998 represented the agreement between all interested parties including the various owners of the land which is now the village of Grange Park.
- The original planning consents provided for the construction of around 1000 houses
- Included under the original agreement are the provision of a primary school and multi use games area, a community centre, sports pitches and pavilion, country parks, play areas, a district centre and a number of open spaces and greenways.
- In this agreement there was also provision for a body of people drawn together to reflect the broad interests represented in the development of Grange Park. This included the developers, original land owners, South Northants Council, Planning and Development representatives and various SNC Councillors. This body was called The Grange Park Foundation.
- Since inception The Grange Park Foundation has played a key role in shaping the Village we now see. The foundation was officially wound up at the end of March 2003.
- The efforts of The Grange Park Foundation were recognised in an award from the East Midlands Branch of the Royal Town Planning Institute for Racial Equality/Social Inclusion.